Drop In Curling will resume in the new year. Please check this website out and/or call the office for availability.
Every session starts with a complimentary lesson from 3:30 to 4:00. Then, individuals and teams split up and play till 6:00 pm
trying a number of newly taught skills.
Dress warmly with loose clothing, bring clean non-street shoes to curl in and we do the rest!
We supply you with the brooms, grippers and sliders. You bring your enthusiasm!
And the good news is, it is still only $10.00 per curler.
This is a great way to introduce yourself to the game of curling. A Relaxed and fun way to start!
Call the club at 604 574 4483 if you have a group of 4 or more. Otherwise, just come on down, sign up and curl.
We now have room at the club for those curlers or people who want ot curl maybe for the 1st time? to curl this year. The 2nd half of the season will begin (dates in brackets) soon. Call us or drop by to check into these opportunities if you are interested.
Perhaps you are ready to take on a 2nd league or commit to playing in a league for the 1st time. We will have room in following leagues: ( Remember, start dates in brackets)
There are confirmed openings in following:
- Monday Night Open - 2 openings : This is an 'open' league whereby teams can be made up of any combinations of men/women or even juniors.Skill levels run from beginner right to advanced.You can have a team of any skill level makeup! (Dec. 5th)
- Tuesday Night Men's - multiple openings: This is a Men's league any ages. Competition can range from novice to experienced/competitive. We currently have team openings but there are also two teams looking for a single curler! Could that be you? (Nov. 29th)
- Friday Night Open - 2 openings -: A very popular and social league consisting of combinations of men, women and sometimes juniors. This league is well known for it's after game social camaraderie upstairs in the lounge after every draw! (Dec. 9th)
- Thursday Night Men's - One full team opening. looking for a few single players for established teams.These are teams of novice and experienced players so anyone welcome to join.(Dec. 1st)
- Friday Night Open: Another very popular open league which just recently now has two openings for teams. Great camaraderie, very social league which always ends the night at our popular lounge!(Dec. 9th)
- For information on any of the above openings, call the club.
For more details on these and other leagues, go to 'Leagues' on the Main Home Page.
Or call: 604 574-4483
The Cloverdale Curling Club welcomes everyone who is interested in participating in the sport of curling!
Cloverdale Curling Club Leagues
Our curling leagues are open for anyone to join. Click on the “Leagues” tab for a listing and a short description of our leagues offered.
Cloverdale Curling Club Memberships
Currently memberships are available from the club at a cost of $200.00.
Benefits of Membership
- Club members are given preference for league registration if the applications are received before August 1st.
- League fees for members are discounted ranging from 5% to 21% depending on how many leagues and whether you curl daytime or evening.
- Hall and ice rental at 50% the usual rate for special events
- All members receive 20% off the regular rate for advertising at the club.
- All members in good standing have voting rights.
- All members in good standings are eligible to sit as directors.
For more information about becoming a member or joining a league, contact the Cloverdale Curling Club at 604-574-4483.
Cloverdale Curling Club Executive
President - Laureen Hull
Vice President – Darren Callaghan
Secretary – Dawna Benedict
Treasurer – Donna Langlands
Cloverdale Curling Club Directors
Monica Ballard, Beryl Cook,Susan Martin, Nelson Silva, Matt Walsh
Masters Curling Club Executive
President: Mike Bergerman
Vice-President: Carolyn Wheeler
Treasurer: Karin Fay
Secretary: Gord Savard
Masters Curling Club Directors:
Paul Davies Wanda Bull
Bob Wilson Jane Lawson
Bob Tigar Laureen Gibson
Curl BC Rep -
Seniors President – Mike Bergerman
Office Assistant - Sarah Bolton
Head Ice Technician – Mike Merklinger
Ice Assistants – Larry Stoughton, Rhett Hildenbrandt, Ivan Chu
Concession – Fork & Knife Catering
Board Standing Teams
Club Team – Responsible for Communications, Marketing, Membership, Social, Volunteer
Nelson Silva, Susan Martin, Matt Walsh
Curling Team – Responsible for Bonspiels & Draws, Programs & Services
Chair – Darren Callaghan, Beryl Cook, Monica Ballard, Nelson Silva
Business Team – Responsible for Operation, Building & Facility
Chair – Laureen Hull, Dawna Benedict, Darren Callaghan, Donna Langlands
Finance Team - Responsible for Revenue Generation & Annual Budget
Chair – Donna Langlands, Dawna Benedict, Darren Callaghan, Laureen Hull
Welcome to the new website for the Cloverdale Curling Club. We're very proud of the fresh new look and even more excited for the improved services that will be offered to our membership.
In our secure private members area, not only will you be able to register and pay for your membership online, you will now be able to manage and update your personal data, be able to view upcoming games and league activities, select your volunteer commitments, indicate and access spares a lot easier, register for club events, and be better connected with all club activities.
We're still in the development stages and will be continually adding new information and elements to the website throughout the summer, so make sure to visit again. If you any comments or suggestions, please let us know.
Curling Basics: http://www.curlingbasics.com/
The Cloverdale Curling Club (formerly known as Valley Curling Club) has been home to the sport of curling in Cloverdale since 1954.
Cloverdale Curling Club is located in the Cloverdale area of the City of Surrey on Highway 15 (176 Street) just north of the Cloverdale Arena.
6150 – 176 Street, Surrey, B.C. V3S 4E7