We have been having a real issue - as are many of the clubs on the Mainland during this cold spell - with salt coming into the lobby of the club. If not dealt with properly, it can and does find its way to the ice. And it has some very serious affects on the quality and effectiveness of your curling ice. There are some ways we can all help alleviate this issue, namely:
- Adhere to the 'No Street Shoes' rule. Never use any shoes you have walked across our lot in to curl with.
- Give your street shoes that you've worn into the lobby, a really good wipe on the front mat. This helps deal with the salt that makes its way into the club from the street and parking lot.
- Before you go on the ice, give your curling shoes/grippers a really good cleaning using the Boot Boys located before the doors to the rink.
- If you notice any salt/sand patches in the lobby, let us know. We'll deal with immediatly.
Thanks to all who take the time to do this. You are preserving the best curling ice in the Mainland!
WHEN: Saturday January 14, 2017 : 1 - 3 pm
WHERE: At The Cloverdale Curling Club.
Have you been playing for a couple of years now and would like to take you and/or your team to 'the next level'?
Learn how to make your skip's and team members' jobs easier by 'normalizing' yours and your team's delivery.
Topics taught, covered and/or reviewed include:
- Line of delivery and release with video analysis
- What to say and or not to say to team mates before they shoot - to maximize their chances of success
- Mental training techniques and tips: control your thoughts and emotions before you shoot
- Learn better communication techniques and systems with your team on the ice: this can improve your successful actions up to 25%!
Recommended for players and/or teams with 5 years experience or more but everyone is welcome.
Maximum participants: 16
Cost: $15.00 per participant
Pre- Registration is required: Sign up at the office or call 604 574 4483
1. BC Men's Open: January 6th - 8th.Final chance for one more team to qualify for the BC Men's Championship. One draw Friday, 3 draws Saturday, semi and final at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm Sunday.
2. Advanced Skill Development Clinic: January 14th, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
3.Drop In Curling resumes January 14th, 21st and 28th. 4:00 - 6:00 pm Saturdays.
4. Ice Reading Clinic: Saturday January 21st, 2:00 - 4:00 pm.
Practice Ice will resume this Thursday January 4th at 4:00 to 6:00 pm.
Full practice ice will resume also next week and rest of January Mondays and Thursdays 4:00 - 6:00 pm.
The Cloverdale Club's two programs for kids and juniors are off to a great start. Each Wednesday afternoon the ice is alive with youngsters learning the game of curling. Each program is led by qualified curling instructors and geared to the age and skill levels of the kids. Our Little Rockers learn the proper stance, slide and delivery in addition to many other facets of the game. The emphasis is on basic skills development and... fun!
Our Juniors can be Beginner, Novice or for juniors who have had previous curling experience. More advanced skill development is taught as well as lots of team play, team strategy and game situations. The Juniors always split up and play a game or two, working on all aspects of their curling. And there is also that important element of fun!
Maybe your child or grandkid is not the hockey or soccer type but still wants to try a different game? Then curling might be the game your're all looking for.
We have room for more Little Rockers - ages 6-10 - who start at 4:00 and end at 5:00 pm and Juniors - age 11-18 - who also start at 4:00 but go two hours till 6:00 pm. You can even bring your little one down to try a session before fully signing up!
Call the club at 604 574 4483 or just come on down Wednesday afternoon before 4:00 pm
And, we supply all the equipment they'll need! All that is required for them to bring is a clean pair of non-street shoes (those school gym runners will be perfect) and to dress loosely but warmly.
Drop In Curling will resume in the new year. Please check this website out and/or call the office for availability.
Every session starts with a complimentary lesson from 3:30 to 4:00. Then, individuals and teams split up and play till 6:00 pm
trying a number of newly taught skills.
Dress warmly with loose clothing, bring clean non-street shoes to curl in and we do the rest!
We supply you with the brooms, grippers and sliders. You bring your enthusiasm!
And the good news is, it is still only $10.00 per curler.
This is a great way to introduce yourself to the game of curling. A Relaxed and fun way to start!
Call the club at 604 574 4483 if you have a group of 4 or more. Otherwise, just come on down, sign up and curl.
As of October 1 and running through the season unless otherwise posted on this website, Practice Ice availability will now be:
Mondays: 4 - 6 pm
Thursdays - 4 - 6 pm
Please note these and you do not have to call the club to book as there are no reserved practice times. First come first serve, however: If there are other curlers waiting to practice, try and limit your practice to half an hour. If you are on your own or with a small number of curlers, invite others waiting to join you.
Also. if you are coaching a team this may be a good opportunity to get some ice in. Call the club 1st and let us know if you would like to bring your team down to practice.
Place the rocks back in proper place once done. :)
We now have room at the club for those curlers or people who want ot curl maybe for the 1st time? to curl this year. The 2nd half of the season will begin (dates in brackets) soon. Call us or drop by to check into these opportunities if you are interested.
Perhaps you are ready to take on a 2nd league or commit to playing in a league for the 1st time. We will have room in following leagues: ( Remember, start dates in brackets)
There are confirmed openings in following:
- Monday Night Open - 2 openings : This is an 'open' league whereby teams can be made up of any combinations of men/women or even juniors.Skill levels run from beginner right to advanced.You can have a team of any skill level makeup! (Dec. 5th)
- Tuesday Night Men's - multiple openings: This is a Men's league any ages. Competition can range from novice to experienced/competitive. We currently have team openings but there are also two teams looking for a single curler! Could that be you? (Nov. 29th)
- Friday Night Open - 2 openings -: A very popular and social league consisting of combinations of men, women and sometimes juniors. This league is well known for it's after game social camaraderie upstairs in the lounge after every draw! (Dec. 9th)
- Thursday Night Men's - One full team opening. looking for a few single players for established teams.These are teams of novice and experienced players so anyone welcome to join.(Dec. 1st)
- Friday Night Open: Another very popular open league which just recently now has two openings for teams. Great camaraderie, very social league which always ends the night at our popular lounge!(Dec. 9th)
- For information on any of the above openings, call the club.
For more details on these and other leagues, go to 'Leagues' on the Main Home Page.
Or call: 604 574-4483
Welcome to the new website for the Cloverdale Curling Club. We're very proud of the fresh new look and even more excited for the improved services that will be offered to our membership.
In our secure private members area, not only will you be able to register and pay for your membership online, you will now be able to manage and update your personal data, be able to view upcoming games and league activities, select your volunteer commitments, indicate and access spares a lot easier, register for club events, and be better connected with all club activities.
We're still in the development stages and will be continually adding new information and elements to the website throughout the summer, so make sure to visit again. If you any comments or suggestions, please let us know.