WHEN: Saturday September 24th, 1 - 3 PM
WHERE: At Cloverdale Curling Club
Topics and Skills:
- Improve your: stance, balance and delivery line
- Imrpve grip and release
- The top 7 ways to control the weight of shot
- Video Analysis: What yoiu are doing wrong and how to correct it.
- Learn how to 'Practice with a Purpose'.
Recommended for those curlers with 2 - 10 years of expericence
Maximum 16 participants.
HOW to register: Call the office 604-574-4483
As of September 20th, Practice ice availability will now be:
Mondays: 4 - 6 pm
Fridays - 4 - 6 pm
Please note these and you do not have to call the club to book as
there are no reserved practice times. First come first serve, however:
- If there are other curlers waiting to practice, try and limit your practice to half an hour
- If you are on your own or with a small number of curlers, invite others waiting to join you.
- Place the rocks back in proper place once done
The club leagues and programs are filling up nicely thus far this September. But we still have lots of room in many categories/leagues if:
- You are planning on curling this year but do not have a team
- Have a possible team but have not committed nor registered.
- Are a single player and would like to be placed on a team if possible.
- Maybe your curling club does not have an opening?
Any of these reasons and more is why you should contact the club and see if there is a fit for you!
There are confirmed openings in following:
- Monday Night Open - 2 openings : This is an 'open' league whereby teams can be made up of any combinations of men/women or even juniors.
- Tuesday Night Men's - multiple openings: This is a Men's league any ages. Competition can range from novice to experienced competitive
- Friday Night Open - 2 opening -: A very popular and social league consisting of combinations of men, women and sometimes juniors. This league is well known for it's after game social camaraderie upstairs in the lounge after every draw!
For more details on these and other leagues, go to 'Leagues' on the Main Home Page.
Or call: 604 574-4483
This event is open to all female curlers of the Cloverdale Curling Club
Date: September 14, 2016
Time: Doors open at 7:00 pm
Place: Upstairs Lounge at CCC
Please bring a small appetizer to share.
Hosted by the Team Koehler
There will be practice ice available September 10-15 listed below. Practice ice is usually based on a 1/2 hour time slot and remember to share the ice with others if you are not practicing as a team. There is no pre-booking of time slots so just show up during the times listed.
Saturday - September 10 = 1-4 pm
Sunday - September 11 = 1-4 pm
Monday - September 12 = 2-6 pm
Tuesday - September 13 = 2-6 pm
Wednesday - September 14 = 2-6 pm
Thursday - September 15 = 1 - 8 pm
A hugh thank you goes out to all of you curlers who dropped in at the club yesterday. We had a wonderful turn out for both of the time slots as there was $300.00 to dispurse for the league fee draw and the winners were Jack Hutton $154.35 & Jack Poitras $145.65. Both men curl in the morning senior leagues. The parking spot was won by Ken Pauls who curls in the Thursday Men's League. Congratulations to all winners.
Starting at 7pm and ending at 9pm this 3 evening clinic is designed for Novice/Beginner curlers.
- Sept. 12th - Orientation, Safety, Balance, Line of Delivery, Weight control and Release.
- Sept. 13th - Review of Basic Delivery, Sweeping and Communication, Roles and Responsibilities of each position on the team, Rules of the Game and Etiquette.
- Sept. 14th – A full game will be played with instructors standing by to offer support and encouragement.
- Cost $25.00
Come on down to the club on Wednesday September 7, bring your registration form (s) for the upcoming season, have a coffee & see some old and new faces. Those who attend on September 7 will have an opportunity to win the covenant parking spot and also the opportunity to win a league fee.
Welcome to the new website for the Cloverdale Curling Club. We're very proud of the fresh new look and even more excited for the improved services that will be offered to our membership.
In our secure private members area, not only will you be able to register and pay for your membership online, you will now be able to manage and update your personal data, be able to view upcoming games and league activities, select your volunteer commitments, indicate and access spares a lot easier, register for club events, and be better connected with all club activities.
We're still in the development stages and will be continually adding new information and elements to the website throughout the summer, so make sure to visit again. If you any comments or suggestions, please let us know.