DATE: SATURDAY OCTOBER 22ND. 1 - 3 PM.
Have you curled for a few years now and would like to take the next step on your existing or newly created team? Want to be able to step up and step in to the skip's position? Maybe you are ready but need to learn the basics of just what those guys do back there while you're in the hack getting ready to throw. Well this clinic is for you!
Topics will include:
- Learn the signals and signs a skip gives his team so that they all 'hear the call'.
- Learn how to call the line and how to take advantage of all shots regardless of their path
- Learn how to recognize and adjust for 'The Break' of the shot
- How to switch to 'Plan B' or even 'Plan C'!
- How to 'read' the ice
- How to 'read' the rocks if necessary
- Learn what factors to consider to read the speed and amount of curl on a particular sheet of ice
- Although this clinic is recommended for both skips and thirds, it is open to any player who may be interested and would be useful to players of all levels.
- Maximum 16 participants.
Call the club at 604 574 4483 to register. Bring a teammate!
The always popular Saturday Drop in Curling resumes again Saturday October 22nd and 29th from 3:30 - 6:00.
Every session starts with a complimentary lesson from 3:30 to 4:00. Then, individuals and teams split up and play till 6:00 pm
trying a number of newly taught skills.
Dress warmly with loose clothing, bring clean non-street shoes to curl in and we do the rest!
We supply you with the brooms, grippers and sliders. You bring your enthusiasm!
And the good news is, it is still only $10.00 per curler.
Call the club at 604 574 4483 if you have a group of 4 or more. Otherwise, just come on down, sign up and curl.
As of October 1 and running through the season unless otherwise posted on this website, Practice Ice availability will now be:
Mondays: 4 - 6 pm
Thursdays - 4 - 6 pm
Please note these and you do not have to call the club to book as there are no reserved practice times. First come first serve, however: If there are other curlers waiting to practice, try and limit your practice to half an hour. If you are on your own or with a small number of curlers, invite others waiting to join you.
Place the rocks back in proper place once done.
The club leagues and programs are filling up nicely thus far this September. But we still have lots of room in many categories/leagues if:
- You are planning on curling this year but do not have a team
- Have a possible team but have not committed nor registered.
- Are a single player and would like to be placed on a team if possible.
- Maybe your curling club does not have an opening?
Any of these reasons and more is why you should contact the club and see if there is a fit for you!
There are confirmed openings in following:
- Monday Night Open - 2 openings : This is an 'open' league whereby teams can be made up of any combinations of men/women or even juniors.
- Tuesday Night Men's - multiple openings: This is a Men's league any ages. Competition can range from novice to experienced competitive
- Friday Night Open - 2 openings -: A very popular and social league consisting of combinations of men, women and sometimes juniors. This league is well known for it's after game social camaraderie upstairs in the lounge after every draw!
- Thursday Night Men's - looking for a few single players for established teams.
- For information on any of the above openings, call the club.
For more details on these and other leagues, go to 'Leagues' on the Main Home Page.
Or call: 604 574-4483
A hugh thank you goes out to all of you curlers who dropped in at the club yesterday. We had a wonderful turn out for both of the time slots as there was $300.00 to dispurse for the league fee draw and the winners were Jack Hutton $154.35 & Jack Poitras $145.65. Both men curl in the morning senior leagues. The parking spot was won by Ken Pauls who curls in the Thursday Men's League. Congratulations to all winners.
Welcome to the new website for the Cloverdale Curling Club. We're very proud of the fresh new look and even more excited for the improved services that will be offered to our membership.
In our secure private members area, not only will you be able to register and pay for your membership online, you will now be able to manage and update your personal data, be able to view upcoming games and league activities, select your volunteer commitments, indicate and access spares a lot easier, register for club events, and be better connected with all club activities.
We're still in the development stages and will be continually adding new information and elements to the website throughout the summer, so make sure to visit again. If you any comments or suggestions, please let us know.