Our annual Awards Night will be held Saturday, April 1st, 6 pm - late in the evening. Come on out and honour our League and Playoff winners as well as recognitions too. Contact or drop into the club for your tickets.
Cocktails: 5:00 pm
Dinner: 6:00 pm
Awards: 7:00 pm
Dancing: 8:00 pm
Cost: $ 15:00
Or just drop down to the club in person!
The curling season is rapidly coming to a close for the 2016/17 season. However, we still have some events and housecleaning to do before we call it a summer. Some of the happenings and important notices are as such:
1. BC Masters Combined Championships at CCC and The Langley Curling Club, March 14th - 18. Draws each day at 8:00 am, 10:30 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm at both clubs. The Finals and Closing Ceremonies will be held at the LCC on Saturday March 18th in the afternoon.
2.The' Nifty Fify' Sr. Woman's Bonspiel. March 19th - 22nd at the CCC.
3. March 29th - Ladies League Windup Party.
4. March 31st, Deadline to Clean out your rented club locker. Otherwise, Lost and Found!
5. March 31st, Club closes for the season.
6. Saturday April 1st, Awards Night. 6 pm to... when the music stops!
7. Wednesday, April 19th, Semi-AGM. 7 - 9 pm at the club
Have a Great Summer! See you at The Awards Night and the Semi-AGM 1st!
The Cloverdale Curling Club along with The Langley Curling Club will be hosting The BC Masters Combined Curling Championships on March 14th to the 18th. Opening ceremonies will be held Tuesday night starting at 7:00 pm at the Cloverdale Club. 32 teams from all over the province will compete in 4 categories . There will be Men's and Women's 60 +, Men's 70+ and Mixed 60+. The draws will go:
8:00am, 10:30am, 1:00pm & 3:30pm on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at Cloverdale with 2 draws on the Saturday at 8:00 and 10:30 am.
The championship Finals will be held at The Langley Curling Club Saturday the 18th in the afternoon as well as hosting The Closing Ceremonies.
Come on out to Cloverdale and to Langley to see the curling stars of yesterday still giving it today!
On Saturday March 11 the Cloverdale Curling Club held their annual Day of Champions. Playoff Winners in A/B and C/D brackets from our Monday Night Open, Tuesday Ladies, Wednesday Ladies, Thursday Men's, Friday Night Open and Sunday Night Novice competed in their respectve brackets. For a list of all our winners - playoffs and League - checkout the March Newsletter which was sent out to all members and our associates in mid-March
Team Andrews fom Monday Night Open - League and Playoff Champions
Our practice ice sessions for the 2016-2017 curling season are now over. We have 2 major bonspiels in mid-March to end of year. We will see you on the ice next season!
Still thinking about getting that essential piece of curling equipment for your game next season? Then come on down to the club where ALL curling equipment and supplies are on sale for 20% off till the end of the season. We have shoes by Olson and Goldline, brooms by Olson and Hardline, broom heads, ice-pads and ice pad cover replacements. There are many different types of gloves and mitts from Olson, Asham and Goldline as well. Head protection gear, stop and rock watches and lots of different grippers for those of you who really need a new one are still in stock!
We have 3 types of curling bags from Olson as well as lots of broom head replacements from Olson and from Hardline.
If you have been 'thinking about it', there is no better time than now!
The Pro-Shop is open most days from 9:00 am on and most weeknights from 5:30 to 9:00. Or, just call ahead to check on our hours on any given day.
The annual Men's Workingman's Bonspiel held this past weekend at the club was again a great success. With 28 teams competing, from local clubs as well as ones from Seattle and Lillooet as well as many of our own league teams, the curling action was great. Starting on Friday night and continuing until the last rock thrown on Sunday afternoon, this year's teams competed for greatly increased prize payouts. Each win in the event came with instant cash and teams that kept on winning kept on cashing in! We enjoyed a great buffet Saturday night with an excellent 'cook your own your steak to the way you like it' bbq. Big thanks to Dave Bergen for again supplying the awesome steaks ! Thanks to the club management and the Board for supplying some great raffle prizes including a huge 55 inch HD TV!
Our Event winners and the runners up were as follows:
'A' Event Winners: Team Harris from The Cloverdale Curling Club!
'A' Event Runner Up: Team Petursson from The Langley Curling Club
'B' Event Winner: Team Shoesmith from The Granite Curling Club Seattle
'B' Event Runner Up:Team Rafter from Tunnel Town Club Tsawassen
'C' Event Winner: Team Kyne from Langley, Victoria and Cloverdale Clubs
'C' Even Runner Up: Team N. Silva from The Cloverdale Curling Club
Team Harris from the CCC winners of the 'A' Event at the Workingman's Bonspiel.
l to r: Skip Stu Harris, 3rd Dean Lunn, 2nd Todd O'Dell, Lead Gary Olson.
Leave some room on your curling calendar for one of BC's oldest and most unique bonspiels: The Nifty Fifty. Our club is hosting this annual event for the first time.
The Nifty Fifty was first held at the Royal City Curling Club way back in 1968. Bringing together women curlers over the age of 50 from all over BC. The host club changes each year, rotating from Metro to the Island and the Interior.This year's theme - of which the bonspiel always has one! - is 'Stars of the 50's'.This will be the 2nd time in the club's history that it will have the honor of hosting this event. The CCC hosted previously in 1999 and 2009. The Cloverdale Club will be all decked out to welcome our 'stars' from all over the province!
Formal ceremonies will start on Monday March 20th 2017 at 11:00 am. There will be a piper piping the ladies into the rink - all 144 participants! - in grand Scottish style.
Game action will commence:
- Monday March 20th, 7:00 am. Draw 1. Draws continue all day with last draw at 6:45 pm.
- Tuesday March 21st - same schedule as above
- Wednesday March 22nd. Full draws to 2:15 pm.
Awards to follow.
The club offers, as always, the licenced lounge up top with great viewing of the games going on. The public is welcome to drop in and see BC's finest, over 50, 'Stars' of both yesterday and the present.
Here are some of the events and happenings coming up this February at the club.
1. Open Bonspiel. February 3rd and 4th .
2. Drop In Curling:
- Saturday February 11th
- Saturday February 25th
- Drop In start times: 3:30 - 6:00. Includes mandatory half hour introductory lesson for those drop ins who are not regular curlers at the club.
- Cost: Only $10.00 per person
- Please call club to register if you have a party of 4 or more
3. Clinics: February Clinics are currently being planned and in progress. Please check this website or the club for news on any new clinics to be announced. Tentative dates would be February 11th and 25th both at 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
4. Workingman's Men's Bonspiel. This is always one of the club's bigger bonspiels of the season. Over 24 teams have registered thus far.Still room for more but you need to register by February 10th. We are always looking for bar volunteer help if you would like to get involved. Call the club at 604 574 4483
We have been having a real issue - as are many of the clubs on the Mainland during this cold spell - with salt coming into the lobby of the club. If not dealt with properly, it can and does find its way to the ice. And it has some very serious affects on the quality and effectiveness of your curling ice. There are some ways we can all help alleviate this issue, namely:
- Adhere to the 'No Street Shoes' rule. Never use any shoes you have walked across our lot in to curl with.
- Give your street shoes that you've worn into the lobby, a really good wipe on the front mat. This helps deal with the salt that makes its way into the club from the street and parking lot.
- Before you go on the ice, give your curling shoes/grippers a really good cleaning using the Boot Boys located before the doors to the rink.
- If you notice any salt/sand patches in the lobby, let us know. We'll deal with immediatly.
Thanks to all who take the time to do this. You are preserving the best curling ice in the Mainland!